Your garage door sees daily use, so when it breaks down a repair or replacement service is required immediately. If you have spotted a malfunction in your garage door opener, First Responders Inc. is here to help. We have many years of experience in the industry and in order to provide you with a top-notch service, our qualified technicians are available 24/7.
Which Garage Door Opener Do You Have?
There are three main types of garage door openers on the market, and each of them run into their own sets of problems. Before you can determine what you can do to fix it, or what you should tell to your repair company, you need to identify which kind of opener you have.
- Chain Generator Opener: The most widely used garage door opener due to its durability and affordable price. The main disadvantages of this opener type is that it requires adjustment once in a while, and generates the most noise.
- Screw Drive Opener: This opener is known for easy maintenance, as its mechanism has less moving parts. Screw drive openers are, however, not very sustainable to temperature fluctuations.
- Rubber Belt-Drive Opener: This is the quietest and slightly fastest option available on the market. The rubber belt-drive opener is, however, not designed to open very heavy garage doors. If you are having frequent problems with your opener you should consult with your repair company if your door is mismatched to your opener.
Why Does My Garage Door Opener Not Work?
If you find yourself trapped in front of your house in the morning, unable to get your car out of your garage then you may have a problem with your door. Here are a couple of things that you can examine yourself before calling a technician. Remember to always exercise extreme caution around electricity and electrical components. Never touch live wires or exposed, plugged in components.
- Your energy source might be disrupted. Check if motor and cord are properly plugged in, and make sure you examine the outlet for improper connections or damage. read more about motor problems and repairs.
- Have a look at the circuits and fuses. There is a chance one of the fuses has burnt out and needs to be replaced, or you might need to reset a breaker.
- Garage door openers work with radio waves, which means the problems you are experiencing may be the result of a blocked signal. Try moving your antenna closer to the opener and making sure it is unobstructed.
If you have already checked all of the above points and the problem remains, or if you are not confident doing something by yourself you should call a garage door opener repair expert to come take a look for you. Relying on an expert is an easy, safe, and quick way to solve all of your garage door problems.
Proper Installation and Replacement by 1st Responders
Modern garage door openers carry many additional features to make a life of a garage owner much easier. Subsequently, your garage door opener technician has to be familiar with a variety of opener types and their functionality.
Our technicians are at your service 24/7. We will make sure that your garage opener is placed correctly, all of the wires are properly connected, the reverse mechanism works well, the chain will not get sagged and opener settings are adjusted properly. Give us a call today to book an appointment and rest assured knowing that the solution to your problems is on the way.
We service Toronto, North York, Etobicoke, Scarborough, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Thornhill, Markham, Aurora, Newmarket, Milton, Brampton, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Ajax, Pickering, and the rest of the Greater Toronto Area and York Region.